Sunday 6 July 2014

Finished Turbo Charge

So I actually finished the diet last Monday 30th June and have to report that I actually have not lost any weight but stayed at 14st dead. However, though I may not have lost anymore weight I have gained benefits from following this diet. My hair, nails, teeth and skin feel wonderful and I no longer suffer from any digestive issues that I had like constipation and IBS flair ups. I feel a lot lighter and have way more energy than before.

I decided not to report daily due to the fact each day was technically the same, two juices and a meal. The book suggests you stick the the Turbo Charge smoothie on week days and the Turbo Charge Breakfast Smoothie on weekends, though there are other juices and smoothies you can have if you find your getting a bit bored. Also it suggests that your meal ideally be the Power Green Soup or if your having an evening meal that the only carbs you have is wild/basmati rice, with veg/salad and white meats/fish.

The first day I craved food and had both the soup and a chicken homemade curry but I lived to regret that as soon as I had finished. I bloated up something chronic and found I could not eat as much as I had done before starting the 7lbs in 7 days plan. So on days 2-5, I stuck with the Turbo Juice in the morning, the soup for either lunch or dinner and then dinner was another meal or juice depending on how I felt. Days 6 & 7, I did the breakfast smoothie and tended to have two meals a day.

On the following Monday 'DAY 9' I realised I could not continue in this vain and felt I was going wrong somewhere as I put on 2lbs. So the 2nd week, I decided to have a juice/smoothie for Breakfast, a meal for lunch (which was either a sandwhich made on rye or bought Genius Bread or Butthernut Squash Soup or Sweet Potato's with White Cheese like cottage cheese or philly and chive, also added Turkey ham or cooked chicken or tuna), then finally for dinner a smoothie or juice from either the Turbo Charge Diet or 7lbs in 7 days. It's been hot weather here the last few weeks so sometimes just a 7lbs juice has been adequate. I only drank until I was comfortably full and no more. If I had juice left, then I put it in a sigg and placed it in the fridge to either drink later or have the next day.

I found that the Turbo Charge Juice often made more than I could handle in one go, so often had this for dinner too after leaving in the fridge. It does say it's 1 serving but as it's quite thick from blending half an apple and avacado, so I would divide it up anyhow. One thing to note that this juice looses it's taste a little if kept in the fridge over night. The colour darkens and the flavour fades, it's like you loose a bit of the apple flavour.

If in the evening I was feeling still peckish after juice then I would just munch on a big orange as this seemed to curb and sweet hunger pangs and also I made sure I didn't go to bed till 3 hrs after eating, which in the first week I failed to do. In the book it denotes 6pm as a dinner eating time but my work schedule often surpasses that time, so some night's I was having to wait till 11-12 middnight before going to bed and I have to admit that was a killer.

Very very rarely I still crave chocolate, so I bought the 80% cocoa dark chocolate and will have a square only and this seems to have worked. I also have only eaten Rye bread with the exception of 3 days when I bought some Genius Bread that had been reduced in Morrisons and actually very nice. It's made with Tapicoca and Rice flour and has a slight sweet taste. The slices are tiny but my tummy cannot manage a big sandwich anyway without feeling overaly full.

I shall though from now on be making my own Rye and Spelt breads but I have also ordered from Amazon some Coconut flour and organic cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment