Tuesday 20 May 2014

The First Post!

The first post is never really an easy post to write unless you have something really profound and important that MUST be detailed down on paper. In this case online but the same thought's and process happen, it's just a lot easier to edit.

So yes, the main purpose of this blog is just a diary really as I intend to start juicing. It was my birthday yesterday, the grand old age of *cough-forty-cough-cough-two-cough* but we shall not ponder on that to much shall we???? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING on, I had an epithany that I ought to now really be taking care of myself as this machine known as my body isn't really getting younger and already some cogs need oiling already. I often feel that suddenly I'm getting more aches and pains than I ever remember having before and well if you want to sail this ship to the end you really much fix the leaks before they start!!

I have decided to purchase two juicers, one being manual and the other electric. The first is a Centrifugal juicer (the electric one), it supposedly uses a high speed motor that spins blades a bit like a supersonic food processor and is brilliant for getting juice out of soft fruit and veg. I have done some research and apparently they are however not really good at getting juice from leaves.

This is where the Masticating juicer (the manual one) comes in, it grinds the leaves and harder veg either against the shaft of the machine like corkscrew or with a dual blade against each other to create juice but is useless with soft fruits. Also as the Centrifugal juicers waste tends to be a bit moist, rather than totally loose the remainder of the nutrients, I will then put the pulp into the Masticating juicer so that I get every last drop. The fibre which is left, I shall find someone with a compost bin and donate.

This is the Vivo Whole Fruit and Vegatable Juicer

This is the Lexan Healthy Juicer
 The above are what I'm intending on buying from Amazon this week....I really really cannot wait to get started

No comments:

Post a Comment